Wednesday 6 September 2017

The Woman in Cabin 10

    When I deliver books to the retirement home, I take requests from the residents.  One woman has been waiting for "The Woman in Cabin 10" for months.  It is very popular with a long waiting list.  The library informed me that the book was waiting for me to pick up, but I am not due for a retirement home visit yet, so I decided to quickly read it before delivering it.  I wanted to see why it is so popular.
  I am certainly not one to review a murder mystery.  I have never understood the fascination with murder- in books, movies, or T.V. show.  But many people love this genre.
   The protagonist, Lo Blacklock, a journalist, is given an assignment on a luxury cruise.  Sounds lovely, right?
  Well, Lo was an emotional mess, having experienced a home invasion as well as a romantic tangle before boarding the ship. Too much for one woman and by the time she boards the ship, she is dependant on booze and drugs.  So..  How reliable is her story of seeing a body pushed over the side of the ship?
  One reviewer said that she would have liked to have pushed Lo over the side of the ship.  I didn't say that...remember, I don't like anything about murder.  But....

No comments:

Post a Comment